Turn on WiFi calling on Samsung Galaxy phone. This is a Samsung Galaxy A02 phone but this process is almost similar for all newer Samsung Galaxy models.
For any reason, if you are facing Weak Signal or even a No Signal problem in your area and you are not able to make a call or send a message to your family, colleague, or friend. Then, in this case, Wi-Fi calling is the best option to go with.
Moreover, with the help of the Wi-Fi calling feature in Samsung Galaxy, you will be able to make calls and send messages to anyone using a Wi-Fi connection. Isn’t it awesome? Well, yes it is and it looks unbelievable how you could call someone without a cellular connection.
That’s what makes things more exciting, using a Wi-Fi connection you can easily make calls and send messages to anyone. To do that, you first need to activate Wi-Fi calling into your Samsung Galaxy phone.
Important Notice: The Wi-Fi Calling feature may not be available on all Samsung Devices or Carriers.
Get rid of roaming around here and there trying to get a signal on your Samsung phone. After turning on Wi-Fi calling feature, you will be able to make calls over your phone’s network connection easily. To make this feature work, you must have connected to these 2 things on your phone.
1. Wi-Fi connection
2. Active Service via eSIM or a SIM Card.
A step-by-step guide to Turning on Wi-Fi calling on Samsung Phone:
1. Open the Phone App on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
2. Tap on the “:” three dots, on the top right-hand corner of your screen.
3. This will open up a little drop-down menu with different options. Go ahead and select Settings.
4. The Calls Settings of your Phone will appear on the screen. Go to the Wi-Fi Calling.
5. Here, one important thing which I do want to mention is that to activate the Wi-Fi calling, you do have to register your address with your Network Provider. This will register your address with 911 Emergency.
- To do that, click on the link where it says “Click here to register for Wi-Fi calling”.
- That will redirect you to the cellular provider website, now you can register with 911 service. It is important to register your address with 911, if anything unfortunate happens to you, they have your address and which makes things easy for them to handle.
6. Once you have done that, just go back to the Wi-Fi calling settings and turn it ON by hitting the toggle switch.
7. It will give you 2 options, one at the bottom which is selected as default is “Cellular Network Prefered”. That means this will keep the cellular network as your priority and then use Wi-Fi calling as a backup if the network coverage is weak.
- The second option is Wi-Fi preferred, if you turn that on, it will put Wi-Fi calling as the priority over cellular.
WiFi Calling is enable now on your Samsung Galaxy Phone:
8. Once you did that, you can see in the top right-hand corner of your screen, that it will show up as a little telephone handle with Wi-Fi signals on it.
- That means the Wi-Fi calling is turned on in your Samsung Galaxy phone.
9. To check if the Wi-Fi calling is ON or Off, you can see it on the top of your screen or by opening up the calling app on your phone. The call icon will also show the Wi-Fi signals logo on top of it, which means you are using Wi-Fi calling as your priority.
This is a universal guide to Turn on WiFi calling on Samsung Galaxy phone. This guide will work for any latest model of Samsung smartpone and tablet.